A downloadable game for Windows
What is CARDora?
CARDora is a 1v1 card game created by Utano Pandora, the panda VTuber!
Prepare your deck of cards and try your best to defeat U.P.-chan in solo mode or play against a friend in online mode!
There are multiple ways to play this game:
- Split game: A deck of 30 cards will be randomly split in two and dealt to the players.
- Standard game: Can be played in short length (15 cards per player, start with 3000 points) or long length (30 cards per player, start with 5000 points). Each player can prepare their own deck following the limits per card rarity (common, rare, super and legendary).
Each turn the players select a card to play and the game ends when one of the players has 0 points left or when all cards are played. At this point, the player with more points left wins.
Bonus: You get to hear Utano Pandora cheer for you as you play! Isn't that awesome?
Note: This game is my first experiment to implement online multiplayer (and after looking at how I did it, I still think I did an awful and hacky job). Please do not expect too much of it. What you can expect are some undetected bugs! Hence the "alpha" in the version! :D
Note 2: You can get the game for free by pressing the "No thanks, just take me to the downloads" link. The suggested donation is just a reference to Pandora's anniversary date. :)
Note 3: I'm using Unity's multiplayer service free tier to make it possible to play online. Since the free tier has a relatively small capacity, there's a chance the game will fail to create a room if the maximum capacity has been reached. Please try again some minutes later if that happens.
I'll publish this game to the Google Play Store in the future too, but only after I've added the visual effects. I feel that's the minimum before making it available to a much larger audience.
Below is the development roadmap I've been following for this project after building the basic game logic. Points 6, 7 and 9 may take some time to be completed.
Add player deck management: Create and save your own decks. Limited to 2 decks for short game and 2 for long game. May increase it in the future.
- Add card type selection buttons: While playing a match, there will be buttons on the bottom right to change the cards shown on screen depending on their type (Entertainment, Gaming, Performance), since in long games there are 30 cards on hand and they can't be shown all at the same time.
Add a Title screen with buttons to:
- >Choose the play length (Short or Long game)
- Choose the play mode (standard or split)
- Start a game
- Setup your decks
- Change game settings (display, audio, language)
- Read the game rules
- Quit the game
Add multiplayer functions: set player nickname, create a game, join a game, sync 2 players. Multiplayer over the Internet using relay system.
- Replace the "toss the coin" text message for an actual coin animation
sound effects andvisual effects Make a proper "how to play" screen with visual examples for the game rules.
- Add proper translations
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- First public alpha version (0.8.1)68 days ago
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.